Student Geological Societies
- PC Sylvester-Bradley Geological Society
- Leicester University SEG Chapter
- Geophysical Student Society
The Leicester University Society of Economic Geologist's (SEG) Chapter is an active, student run, academic society that hosts fortnightly talks by external speakers from industry and academia.
We organise field trips to places of interest to economic geology such as Devon, Parys Mountain and Alderley Edge, with visits to Cononish, Boulby Potash Mine, and Ecton Mine planned for the coming year. We also arrange groups of people to attend conferences and networking at venues around the UK, including London, Cardiff and Leeds. Each year we host our own Symposium, with previous themes including Gold and Sustainable Exploration and Development. This year's Symposium will focus on Critical Metals.
Follow the links below for information and updates on our events:
- The Mineral Deposits Studies Group listserver. This list is the electronic information point for the Mineral Deposits Studies Group, an affiliate of the Geological Society (London). The list is also a forum open to all earth-scientists interested Economic Geology.
- University of Leicester SEG Chapter Facebook
- Twitter @LeicesterSEG
A Geophysical Student Society, affiliated to the Society of Exploration Geophysicists, also has a regular talk programme and runs a specialist geophysics library.