Resources for Teachers
Our Schools Liaison Tutor
This page describes information and FREE resources that we provide for Geoscience teachers in schools and colleges. If what you are looking for does not appear here then please contact me by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope to regularly update details on this page so please bookmark it.
Information about our degrees can be found by using the button on the left. However, if you have specific enquiries not covered by the information there, please e-mail me at email@example.com.
I would be happy to arrange a visit for you and your students to our Geology Department, where you could also meet our T-rex Jane. We already run a number of study visits for local schools and colleges to provide practical experience augmenting topics in the curriculum and if you would like to be notified of these events please let me know.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Dr Gawen Jenkin
Schools Liaison Tutor
- Seismology resources
- Presentations for Schools
- Micropalaeontology Practical Kit
- Introductory Geology Programme for Local Year 3 Students
- Schools in the UK currently operating seismic systems
- High School seismology networks in the USA
- School networks around the world
- Earthquake data resources
- Free software resources
- Particle motion animations
- We offer a talks for schools aimed at A2 and AS level students.
- Sample of sand stuffed full of beautiful modern microfossils, including ostracods, foraminifera, echinoid spines, sponge spicules, bryozoa and small gastropods and molluscs. This is accompanied by teacher instructions and an A3 poster demonstrating the different types of fossils present with some information about them. Students can practice “picking” the microfossils under a binocular microscope and grouping and identifying them. The sand can be recycled indefinitely.
Future Ocean CD
Mass Extinctions CD