- The causes of topographic variation in NW Europe and Africa Upper mantle structure beneath Africa.
- Sub-basalt imaging in the Faroe Islands using passive seismology Continental rifting in the North Atlantic and East African Rift Systems.
- Relationship between intraplate earthquakes and crustal structure Evolution of Atlantic and Indian Ocean lithosphere.
- Applications of MT and EM methods in determining lithospheric structure
- IODP petrophysics (wireline logs, LWD, and core measurements).
- European Petrophysics Consortium BIAS: biologically inspired acoustic systems Development of near-surface geophysical techniques EIGG test sites.