The Department’s research activities are organised around three themes:
Within each theme there are particular areas of research specialisation.
Recent Departmental Publications
- Vriend, M., Groot, M.H.M., Hooghiemstra, H., Bogota-Angel, R.G., Berrio, J.C. (2012) Changing depositional environments in the Colombian Fúquene Basin at submillennial time-scales during 284-27 ka from unmixed grain-size distributions and aquatic pollen. Netherlands Journal of Geosciences. (91-1/2) 199-214
- Sue J McLaren, Melanie J Leng; Tanya Knowles ; Andrew V Bradley (In Press) Evidence of Past Environmental Conditions During the Evolution of a Calcretised Wadi System in Southern Jordan using Stable Isotopes. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology.
- Evidence of Past Environmental Conditions During the Evolution of a Calcretised Wadi System in Southern Jordan using Stable Isotopes. Authors: McLaren, Sue J., Leng, Melanie J., Knowles, Tanya, Bradley, Andrew V. (2012). Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology. DOI: 10.1016/j.palaeo.2012.05.010
- Bremond, L., Boom, A. and Favier, C. (2012) C3/C4 grass distributions – present, past and future. Global Change Biology. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2486.2012.02690.x
- Neal S, Bennett K. J., Cochrane A, Mohan G (in press) Living multiculture: understanding the new spatial and social relations of ethnicity and multiculture in England. Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy
- Bennett K. (in press) Emotion and place promotion: Passionate about a former coalfield. Emotion, Space and Society
- Powell, D.M., Larrone, J.B., Reid, I. and Barzilai, R. (2012). The bed morphology of upland single-thread channels in semi-arid environments: evidence of repeating bedforms and their wider implications for gravel-bed rivers. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. DOI: 10.1002/esp.3199.
View a full listing of our publications