Dr Arnoud Boom
Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography (Biogeochemistry)
- Tel: +44 (0)116 252 3832
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: Bennett Building F72b
- ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0003-1299-691X
I am a bio-geochemist and work as a Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography at the University. I am also Director of the Leicester Environmental Stable Isotope Laboratory.
I have a special interest in stable isotopes, organic geochemistry.
Director Leicester Environmental Stable Isotope Laboratory:
Upon request, I offer the following commercial analyses with a turnaround time of < month:
- elemental analysis of carbon and nitrogen
- d13C and d15N on organics £5 per sample
- d2H, d18O on cellulose samples £8 per sample
- d2H, d18O on water samples £7 per sample
- GC/MS analysis of lipid extract analyses (£100 per sample + £50 for basic report with library search ID)
- compound specific d13C analysis of lipid extracts (£200 per sample)
If you are interested in collaboration, feel free to contact me by email or telephone.
Research Areas for PhD Supervision
|Stable isotopes, Organic geochemistry, Climate change, Palaeohydrology, Amazon, Andes, Neotropics|
I am interested in supervising students on the following topics:
- Palaeoclimate Neotropical environments
- Palaeohydrology using Deuterium isotopes
- Palaeoclimate of Southern Africa
- Tropical tree ring stable isotopes
- Peat geochemistry
- Fate of organic matter in tropical forest ecosystems
Enquiries: If you are interested in studying for a PhD in one of these research areas, don't hessitate to contact me first and make informal enquiries via firstname.lastname@example.org.