Genetics for Schools and Colleges
Each topic contains a brief introduction that puts the teaching resources into context. This material has been written for students up to 18 years old and is continually revised to reflect changes and developments in the topic over time.
Additional resources have been grouped according to age range.
- DNA, genes and chromosomes
- The cell cycle, mitosis and meiosis
- Gene expression and regulation
- Developmental genetics
- Patterns of inheritance
- Recombinant DNA and genetic techniques
- Genomics and the human Genome project
- Genetics and Ethics
- Genetics and faith communities
- Genetics and the law
Evaluation and Feedback
A key aspect of the VGEC is evaluation of teaching and learning. In order for the VGEC to grow and evolve, we encourage comments on how we could improve the site. You can submit a resource or comment on the VGEC.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.