Professor Anthony J. Brookes
Professor of Genetics
Tel: +44 (0)116 252 3401
Fax: +44 (0)116 252 3378
Professor Brookes is head of the Bioinformatics research group in the department. For further information about the ongoing work in the group, see Bioinformatics Group Page.
MB3050 (Disease genetics)
- Director of the Leicester ‘Data-2-Knowledge-4-Practice’ Facility (DKP)
- Director of the Leicester ‘NUCLEUS’ Genomics Services Facility
- Co-ordinator of the GEN2PHEN-Alliance and the I4Health Network
- Partner (for knowledge management and IT) in EU & IMI projects BioShaRE, EPAD, EMIF, eTOX, GCOF, RD-Connect (Associate), REQUITE and UK project COPD-MAP.
- Vice President of the Human Genome Variation Society (HGVS)
- Founding Member of the Human Variome Project (HVP)
- Principal Investigator for Genome Wide Association Study database ‘GWAS Central’.
- International Steering Committee member for P3G International.
- Co-Chair of GA4GH TaskForce on Machine Readable Consent, and member of Reference Variation, Genotype-Phenotype, Metadata, Matchmaker Exchange & Beacon workgroups
- Principal Organizer of International Meeting Series on Human Genome Variation and Complex Genome Analysis (1998 - 2015).
- Journal Editor for ‘Human Mutation’, ‘Human Genome Variation’, ‘HUGO Journal’, ‘Journal of Clinical Genomics’, ‘Journal of Translational Medicine’
- Co-Founder & Trustee of charitable company DNADigest
- Inventor of international patents on ‘Dynamic Allele-Specific Hybridisation’, ‘Coincident Sequence Cloning’, ‘MegaPlex PCR’, ‘DattArrays’ & 'DNA Enrichment'
- Director for Oasis Genomics Ltd, UK
Search Find a PhD.com for this supervisor: Prof A. Brookes