Professor Anthony J. Brookes
Professor of Genetics
Tel: +44 (0)116 252 3401
Fax: +44 (0)116 252 3378
MB3050 (Disease genetics)
- Director of the Leicester ‘Data-2-Knowledge-4-Practice’ Facility (DKP)
- Director of the Leicester ‘NUCLEUS’ Genomics Services Facility
- Co-ordinator of the GEN2PHEN-Alliance and the I4Health Network
- Partner (for knowledge management and IT) in EU & IMI projects BioShaRE, EPAD, EMIF, eTOX, GCOF, RD-Connect (Associate), REQUITE and UK project COPD-MAP.
- Vice President of the Human Genome Variation Society (HGVS)
- Founding Member of the Human Variome Project (HVP)
- Principal Investigator for Genome Wide Association Study database ‘GWAS Central’.
- International Steering Committee member for P3G International.
- Co-Chair of GA4GH TaskForce on Machine Readable Consent, and member of Reference Variation, Genotype-Phenotype, Metadata, Matchmaker Exchange & Beacon workgroups
- Principal Organizer of International Meeting Series on Human Genome Variation and Complex Genome Analysis (1998 - 2015).
- Journal Editor for ‘Human Mutation’, ‘Human Genome Variation’, ‘HUGO Journal’, ‘Journal of Clinical Genomics’, ‘Journal of Translational Medicine’
- Co-Founder & Trustee of charitable company DNADigest
- Inventor of international patents on ‘Dynamic Allele-Specific Hybridisation’, ‘Coincident Sequence Cloning’, ‘MegaPlex PCR’, ‘DattArrays’ & 'DNA Enrichment'
- Director for Oasis Genomics Ltd, UK
Search Find a PhD.com for this supervisor: Prof A. Brookes