Why study English at the University of Leicester?
• All of our lecturers publish on their specialist subjects meaning that your teaching will be informed by the very latest in ground-breaking research.
• We rank among the highest university English departments in the UK on the National Student Satisfaction survey, and have done since the survey began in 2005. This year 93% of our students were satisfied with their courses.
• Our teaching methods mean you will be taught in small seminar groups of about 12, an ideal size for detailed discussion of texts.
• Our English degrees allow you to study literature and language from the early medieval period to the present. With 30 full-time lecturers, we have experts across the spectrum of English studies.
• You will have regular opportunities to hear from and meet prize-winning novelists and poets through events such as our annual Literary Leicester Festival.
• We offer careers-related modules in subjects such as publishing, along with a range of careers support and events specifically tailored to English students.
|BA English and American Studies
|BA English and History
|BA French and English
|BA Italian and English
|BA Spanish and English
|BA Film Studies and English
|BA History of Art and English|
Come and see for yourself
There is no substitute for personal experience. We believe that seeing first-hand what the School, University, and campus have to offer will allow you to absorb what it is actually like to be a student here.
On an Open Day or UCAS Visit Day you will be able to talk to current students and lecturers from the School of English, tour the campus and accommodation, and learn what the Leicester experience is all about.