Resources for schools
- give talks for school and sixth-form students,
- organise and take part in University ‘taster’ events,
- host and give public readings and events,
- are involved in local education projects such as Right to Read campaign in nearby schools and the Toe by Toe reading and literacy project at HM Prison Leicester.
We warmly welcome A-level teachers and students into the School to attend lectures or workshops on subjects related to the A-level syllabus. Teachers and public are welcome to attend the Centre for New Writing’s programme of events, and the School’s wide range of research seminars in Creative Writing, Modern Literature, Victorian Studies, English Language and Linguistics and Medieval Studies.
- In July each year, the Centre for New Writing runs a CPD course for Teachers of Creative Writing 16+.
- Information for schools
- Please do get in touch if you would be interested in organising something similar for your institution by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org