International Society for Historical Lexicography and Lexicology
ISHLL was established as a result of the first International Conference on Historical Lexicography and Lexicology, which took place in Leicester in 2002. Subsequent conferences have been at Gargnano del Garda, Italy (2004), Leiden, The Netherlands (2006), Edmonton, Canada (2008), Oxford, UK (2010) and Jena, Germany (2012).
ISHLL conference publications
- Julie Coleman and Anne McDermott, eds, Historical Dictionaries and Historical Dictionary Research
- John Considine, ed, Adventuring in Dictionaries: New Studies in the History of Lexicography
- John Considine, ed, Current Projects in Historical Lexicography
- John Considine, ed, Webs of Words: New Studies in Historical Lexicology
- John Considine and Giovanni Iamartino, eds, Words and Dictionaries from the British Isles in Historical Perspective
- Marijke Mooijaart and Marijke van der Wal, eds, Yesterday's Words: Contemporary, Current and Future Lexicography
- Charlotte Brewer, ed, The Fifth International Conference on Historical Lexicography and Lexicology.
If you would like to receive further information about future ICHLLs, please subscribe to the mailing list. Subscribers to the mailing list may also receive information about other relevant events and publications. If you have any notices that you would like to send to this mailing list, please email them to the chair of the committee, Julie Coleman.
ISHLL also has an email discussion group. If you would like to contribute to the discussion of the history of the dictionary, making historical dictionaries, and historical lexicography, please subscribe to the discussion group. If you have a professional or scholarly interest in slang lexicography, please subscribe to the slang discussion list.