English at Leicester
If you are holding a place with us, congratulations on your A-level grades. We are be looking forward to welcoming you to the School of English at Leicester in September, and will be sending you a welcome pack with information about options shortly.
If you are still thinking about where to study, here are some reasons why you might choose Leicester:
- You will be taught in seminars and lectures by world-leading experts in English language and literature.
- Our 31 full-time members of staff offer options ranging across the whole of English studies, from Beowulf to Brokeback Mountain, from Foucault to Facebook, and from Hamlet to Wolf Hall.
- Our Centre for New Writing offers modules in creative writing, including poetry, fiction and screenplays. Students who choose to will be able to develop their creative writing skills throughout their degree.
- We run a vibrant programme of literary events. Visitors to the University this autumn include John Banville, Penelope Lively, Eimear McBride, Cerrie Burnell and Anne Fine.
- All of our first-year students take part in our Talent Academy, which involves a work placement, to lay the groundwork for their future career development.
- All of our students have a dedicated personal tutor who provides pastoral support and advice throughout their degree.
Information about our Clearing hotline.