The David Ross Education Trust (Secondary)
The David Ross Education Trust TSA is working in partnership with the University of Leicester to offer our trainees the opportunity not only to gain QTS but also to achieve a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
As well as benefiting from the skills and experiences of the university staff and being included as a team member of the schools in which you are placed, you will also be provided with opportunities to develop and, in some cases, initiate your own ideas where appropriate. We are also proud to say that our staff are our most valuable resource and have a proven track record in training and professional development.
The Trust works with primary and secondary academies across the East Midlands, Yorkshire and Humberside and the East of England. A number of our secondary academies will be working with us for 2015-2016, the locations of which can be found on the map viewable via the link below. The training locations for each of the subjects we are offering can be found on the UCAS ITT website. If you have a preference for where you would like to be placed, please state this at your interview with the Trust. However, we cannot guarantee a place at your preferred academy as trainees will be allocated to academies based on availability and other factors.
- Developing fully the talents and potential of each pupil;
- Providing an excellent academic education, supported by wide-ranging and exceptional sporting, cultural and artistic activities;
- Fostering scholarship, hard work and conscientious application;
- Enabling all pupils to become knowledgeable, confident, kind and courteous adults capable of playing a positive and active role in society.
To deliver this, the Trust makes a commitment to ensure that:
- Each academy is graded by Ofsted as 'outstanding' within five years of joining the Trust, maintains that status and is progressing towards being judged as 'world class' by the Trust;
- Each academy achieves the highest academic results within its locality;
- Each academy develops a strong reputation for the quality of its sporting and cultural activities and for its pastoral care;
- The Trust recruits and retains exceptional teachers and staff;
- Within DRET's academies, an attractive and professional working environment is created that ensures the most effective and able staff are rewarded
What courses do we offer?
Where are we located?
We are mainly located around Northampton/Corby but also have schools in Lincs/ South Yorks - find us
Find out more
Contact - Paul Ainsworth