BA Financial Economics
This is for you if you want to develop your understanding of the pri nciples of economics and an appreciation of their application to the study of f inancial systems and institutions. It prepares you for careers and training opportunities in both the public and private sectors, including banking and finance, central ba nking and regulatory agencies.
- Explores modern economics and its application to financial systems and institutions in an international context.
- Introduces techniques of financial economics such as derivatives pricing, risk management methods and portfolio management.
- Provides the opportunity to critically analyse economic events with reference to their impact on financial markets, using financial software and data sources.
- Enhances communication, IT, presentation, written, research and technical skills in the context of financial economics.
- Prepares you for careers and training opportunities in both the public and private sector, including banking and finance, central banking and regulatory agencies. Also prepares you for transition to independent postgraduate study.
- Suitable for you if you have a minimum of a GCSE Mathematics grade B, or equivalent.