BA Banking and Finance
This is for you if you want to develop detailed knowledge and critical awareness of the main ideas, concepts, models and principles in economic analysis and their application to the study of financial systems and institutions. It also prepares you for careers and training opportunities in the private sector, including banking and finance, and in central banking and regulatory agencies.
- Combines the study of modern economics with banking and finance.
- Provides the opportunity to learn about a broad portfolio of subjects including banking, financial intermediation, asset and liability management, financial decision making, financial markets and institutions, and accounting.
- Encourages the development of quantitative, communication and IT skills and their application in banking and finance contexts.
- Prepares you for careers and training opportunities in the private sector, including banking and finance, and in central banking and regulatory agencies. Also prepares you for transition to more independent postgraduate study.
- Suitable for you if you a minimum of a GCSE Mathematics grade B or equivalent.