The Department of Economics at the University of Leicester is a generalist department, with particular strengths in three areas: game and decision theory, applied microeconomics and microeconometrics, and monetary policy and banking.
2014 Selected Publications
- Sergio Currarini and Francesco Feri, 2014. "Information sharing networks in linear quadratic games", International Journal of Game Theory, forthcoming.
- Hargreaves-Heap, Shaun, David Rojo Arjona and Robert Sugden, 2014. “How Portable is Level-0 behaviour? A Test of Level-k Theory in Games with Non-Neutral Frames”, Econometrica, 82, 1133–1151.
- Myatt, David and Chris Wallace, 2014. "Cournot Competition and the Social Value of Information", Journal of Economic Theory, forthcoming.
- Bose, Subir and Ludovic Renou, 2014. "Mechanism Design with Ambiguous Communication Devices", Econometrica, 82, 1853–1872.
- Crawford, Ian, and Matthew Polisson, 2014 "Testing for Intertemporal Nonseparability", Journal of Mathematical Economics, 52, 46–49.
- Georgarakos, Dimitris, Michael Haliassos and Giacomo Pasini. 2014. "Household Debt and Social Interactions", The Review of Financial Studies, forthcoming.
- Acemoglu, Daron and Martin Kaae Jensen, 2014. "Robust Comparative Statics in Large Dynamic Economies", Journal of Political Economy, forthcoming.
- Varvarigos, Dimitrios and Maria Jose Gil-Molto. 2014. “Endogenous market structure, occupational choice, and growth cycles”, Macroeconomic Dynamics, forthcoming
- De Kamps, Marc, Dan Ladley, and Aistis Simaitis, 2014. "Heterogeneous Beliefs in Over-The-Counter Markets", Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 41, 50–68.
- De Fraja, Gianni, and Francisco Martinez-Mora, 2014. "The desegregating effect of school tracking", Journal of Urban Economics, 80, 164–177.
- Myatt, David and Chris Wallace, 2014. "Central Bank Communication Design in a Lucas-Phelps Economy", Journal of Monetary Economics, 63, 64–79.
- Foureaux Koppensteiner, Martin, 2014. "Automatic Grade Promotion and Student Performance: Evidence from Brazil", Journal of Development Economics, 107, 277–290.
- Campolieti, Mike, Deborah Gefang and Gary Koop, 2014. “Time Variation in the Dynamics of Worker Flows: Evidence from North America and Europe”, Journal of Applied Econometrics, 29, 265–290.
- Dimitrios Varvarigos and Panagiotis Arsenis, 2014. "Corruption, Fertility, and Human Capital", Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, forthcoming.
O’Hare, Jim, 2013. Analysing Financial Statements for non-Specialists, Routledge