- (2011) Hyperbolic Punishment Functions, forthcoming in the Review of Law and Economics (Berkeley Electronic Press Journals) (joint with Ali al-Nowaihi).
- (2011) Strategic Monetary and Fiscal Policy Interaction and Optimal Institutional Design when there is the Possibility of a Zero Lower Bound on Interest rate(with Ali al-Nowaihi), forthcoming in Oxford Economic Papers. Most read Full-Text article in OEP for July 2011 (http://www.feedage.com/feeds/2199453/oxf-econ-pap-most-read-full-text-articles).
- (2011) 'Behavioral Economics.' forthcoming in the Encyclopedia of Human Behavior, Second edition, Elsevier. (joint with Ali al-Nowaihi)
- (2011) Probability weighting functions. in "Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science," John Wiley and Sons, New Jersey. (joint with Ali al-Nowaihi)
- (2010) Redistributive policy with heterogenous social preferences of voters , with Ali al-Nowaihi, Lead article in European Economic Review, 54 (6), pp. 743–759
- (2010) Optimal income taxation in the presence of tax evasion: Expected utility versus prospect theory, with Ali al-Nowaihi. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 75: 313-337.
- (2010) The existence of a Condorcet winner when voters have other regarding preferences, (with Ali al-Nowaihi) Journal of Public Economic Theory, 12 (5), pp. 897-922.
- (2009) A value function that explains the magnitude and sign effects, (with Ali al-Nowaihi), Economics Letters. 105, 224-229.
- (2008) "The Utility Function Under Prospect Theory", Economics Letters, 99, 337-339 (with Ali al-Nowaihi and Ian Bradley)
- (2007) "Why Do People Pay Taxes? Prospect Theory Versus Expected Utility Theory", Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Vol. 64, pages 171–192 (with Ali al-Nowaihi)
- (2007) "Corruption in a hierarchical asymmetric information game", Journal of Public Economic Theory, 9 (4) pp. 727-755 (with Ali al-Nowaihi)
- (2006) "A Note On The Loewenstein-Prelec Theory Of Intertemporal Choice." Mathematical Social Sciences, Volume 52, Issue 1, Pages 99-108 (joint with Ali al-Nowaihi).
- (2006) "A simple derivation of Prelec’s probability weighting function." Journal of Mathematical Psychology, 50 (6), pages 521-524. (with Ali al-Nowaihi).
- (2003) "The Political Economy of Redistribution Under Asymmetric Information", Journal of Public Economics, Vol 87/9-10 pp 2069-2103