Dr Svetlana Andrianova
Dr Svetlana Andrianova is currently on research leave for the next three years.
Curriculum Vitae (updated February 2015)
- Principal Investigator on the DFID-ESRC Award "Politics, Growth and Finance".
- Contract and game theory, economics of organisations, political economy and financial development.
- Co-investigator on the ESRC funded project "National and International Aspects of Financial Development".
- Co-investigator on the ESRC funded project "Political Economy of Financial
(Under-) Development in Africa".
Research papers can be found via RePEc.
You must apply formally to our Economics PhD programme before we allocate you a supervisor as part of the review process. You do not need to contact our staff separately.
Current Administrative Responsibilities
- Deputy Director of Undergraduate Admissions.
Most Recent Publications
"Ethnic fractionalisation, governance and loan defaults in Africa" (2016), Svetlana Andrianova, Badi Baltagi, Panicos Demetriades and David Fielding, forthcoming in Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
- “Why Do African Banks Lend So Little?” (2015) S. Andrianova, B. Baltagi, P. Demetriades and D. Fielding, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Vol. 77, pp. 339 – 359.
- " Public Banks and Financial Stability", (2012) Economics Letters 116, pp. 86-88.
- Government Ownership of Banks, Institutions and Growth” (with P. Demetriades and A. Shortland), University of Leicester Discussion Paper No 11/09. Forthcoming in Economica.
- (2010) "Political Economy Origins of Financial Markets in Europe and Asia” (with P. Demetriades and C. Xu), World Development, DOI 10.1016/j.worlddev.2010.10.001.
- (2009) "Corruption, Extortion, and the Boundaries of the Law" (with Nicolas Melissas), Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Vol. 25, No. 2: 442-471.