Professor Panicos Demetriades
Professor of Financial Economics
Professor Demetriades is currently on leave from the University of Leicester in order to fulfil his new role as Governor of the Central Bank of Cyprus.
Curriculum Vitae (updated February 2012)
- Finance & Development.
- Working papers and articles are available on-line at the Ideas/RePEc site
- Google scholar citations profile
Most Recent Publications
- "Finance and Growth in Africa: The Broken Link" (with G.A. James), Economics Letters, Vol. 113 (3), pp. 263-265.
- "Government Ownership of Banks, Institutions and Economic Growth" (with S. Andrianova and A. Shortland), Economica (forthcoming).
- "Political Economy Origins of Financial Markets in Europe and Asia" (with S. Andianova and C. Xu), World Development, vol.39, 686-699, (available online at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0305750X10001890).
- "Information, Institutions and Banking Sector Development in West Africa" (with D. Fielding), Economic Inquiry, forthcoming. (Available online at Economic Inquiry).