Dr James Rockey
- Tel: 0116 223 1237
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: AC210, Astley Clarke Building
- Office Hours: Mondays 09:00 - 11:00 (term time only) otherwise by appointment
- Political Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- Economic Growth
Research papers can be downloaded via RePEc.
You must apply formally to our Economics PhD programme before we allocate you a supervisor as part of the review process. You do not need to contact our staff separately.
I am willing to supervise in areas including:
- Microeconometric approaches to issues in Political Economy and Growth, particularly their intersection, in both developed and less-developed countries.
- The role and size of government
- Political competition
- Government effectiveness
Current PhD Students
External Seminar Coordinator
Most Recent Publications
- Growth Econometrics for Agnostics and True Believers (with Jonathan Temple), European Economic Review (forthcoming)
Ideology and the Growth of Government (with Andrew Pickering), The Review of Economics and Statistics (2011)
Women's behavioural engagement with a masculine male hightens during the fertile window: evidence for the cycle shift hypothesis (with Heather D. Flowe and Elizabeth Swords), Evolution and Human Behavior (2012)
Reconsidering the Fiscal Effects of Constitutions, European Journal of Political Economy (2012)
Ideology and the Size of US State Government (with Andrew Pickering), Public Choice (2013)