Why Study Criminology at Leicester?
- Genuine criminological expertise: Leicester is one of the very few universities in the country to have its own department exclusively dedicated to researching and teaching criminology and our students benefit from learning in an environment that is home to some of the UK's leading criminologists.
- League table sucess: In 2013 the University of Leicester was ranked 13th in the UK by the Guardian and Criminology was ranked 3rd.
- University of the Year: The University has won Times Higher Awards in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and most recently in 2013 for Outstanding Communications Team and Outstanding Fundraising Initiative. It is the only university to win awards in seven consecutive years.The University of Leicester was awarded the prestigous title of University of the Year 2008/09 by the Times Higher Education magazine, an achievement which reflects the quality of our research and teaching.
- Excellent support: We pride ourselves in our supportive culture, providing a welcoming academic environment in which to undertake your course of study. The University of Leicester won the 2009/10 Times Higher Education Award for Outstanding Student Support.
- Research led: Our philosophy of research-led teaching ensures that you will be learning about the very latest debates in policy and practice.
- Forward thinking: Our innovative array of teaching and assessment methods encourages students to engage in critical debate.
- Career prospects: Studying criminology at Leicester will enhance and broaden your academic knowledge, develop key skills and provide good career opportunities
- International reputation: The University of Leicester has developed an international reputation for its world-changing research and is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world by the QS World University Rankings, Taiwan World University Rankings and THE World University Rankings.
- For more information about your specific mode of study please follow the links below: