The Leicester Centre for Hate Studies
Welcome to the Centre
Based within the University of Leicester's highly regarded Department of Criminology, the Leicester Centre of Hate Studies is a new centre bridging the gap between academic research and professional practice.
With hate, prejudice and extremism having increasing relevance to multiple fields of work, the Leicester Centre for Hate Studies is a key driver of knowledge exchange and information sharing between academics, practitioners, activists and policy-makers.
Our mission is to help organisations across the world to challenge all forms of hate and to support victims through the development of evidence-based policy and practice.
The Centre delivers on this mission by providing a range of services and activities, including:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD), consultancy, evaluation and training
- Research on issues of regional, national and international significance
- Conferences, seminars and practitioner-orientated workshops
- An academic network for cross-disciplinary debate and knowledge exchange
- Opportunities for personal development and further study, including the supervision of PhD research
- The production of educational resources such as short films, audio material and written reports