The Leicester Centre for Hate Studies
Welcome to the Centre
Based within the University of Leicester's highly regarded Department of Criminology, the Leicester Centre of Hate Studies is a new centre bridging the gap between academic research and professional practice.
With hate, prejudice and extremism having increasing relevance to multiple fields of work, the Leicester Centre for Hate Studies is a key driver of knowledge exchange and information sharing between academics, practitioners, activists and policy-makers.
The Centre delivers on this mission by delivering a range of services and activities, including:
- Workshops and Short Courses for personal and professional development
- Consultancy, Evaluation and Other Tailored Services
- Research on issues of regional, national and international significance
- Conferences, events and practitioner-orientated seminars
- Opportunities for Further Study, including the supervision of PhD research
- An Academic Network for cross-disciplinary debate and knowledge exchange
- The production of educational resources such as an award-winning Short Film and Reports