Below are some examples of the sorts of projects offered by members of Cardiovascular Sciences.
Self-funded students are encouraged to contact the supervisors for further details and application information.
Signal analysis in multi-modality non-invasive medical monitoring
Supervisor: Professor T Coats
- Mitochondrial DNA and modulation of endothelial cell function by cardiovascular risk factors
Supervisor: Dr Karl Herbert
- An investigation into the mechanisms underlying Non-Excitatory electrical Stimulation on cardiac mechanical performance
Supervisor: Dr G André Ng
- Plasma proteomics in heart failure
Supervisors: Professor Leong Ng, Dr Don JL Jones (CSMM)
- The effect of ischaemic preconditioning of the whole heart on ionic regulation and mitochondrial function in isolated cardiac myocytes: A study into the second window of protection (SWOP)
Supervisor: Dr Glenn C Rodrigo
- Genetic and molecular signatures of the Y chromosome in men with hypertension and abdominal aortic aneurysms
Supervisors: Dr Maciej Tomaszewski and Mr Matt J Bown
For further details, or to discuss projects in similar areas, please contact the appropriate supervisor(s) as indicated.
Information about taught postgraduate courses and research degrees in other departments is available from the Faculty of Medicine and Biological Sciences Graduate Studies page. Details of how to apply, fees, regulations etc. can be found in the University of Leicester Postgraduate Prospectus