Learning Design Workshop: The 7 Cs of Learning Design
Invest two days of your time and get your course refreshed, revised, or online for the first time.
The 7Cs of Learning Design workshop is a highly interactive, face-to-face two-day workshop that enables academics and course teams to design effectively for learning. This hands-on workshop is based on a well rehearsed, well researched team approach to learning design using learning technologies.
Who is it for?
- Lecturers and tutors who want guidance and inspiration for more effective, imaginative and creative uses of a virtual learning environment such as Moodle or Blackboard, and the Web, to enhance the learning process for learners
- Academics or course teams wanting to make the learning experience more interactive and engaging for learners – whether at the level of a whole course or at the level of elements within a course
- Anyone with responsibility for designing new courses or redesigning existing courses
- Support staff such as learning technologists, librarians or staff developers who are actively involved in conversations with academic staff about learning design
What will I get out of the session?
By the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- Gained awareness and application of the range of resources, tools and methods which are available to support learning design, including learning design tools/methods and open educational resource repositories
- Considered a range of pedagogical approaches and the role played by different technologies in supporting these approaches
- Conceptualised the design process from different perspectives
- Developed an innovative storyboard to share with colleagues back in the office, to spark discussion around livening up a dry course
- Drafted an action plan for next steps in the design/ redesign process
7Cs of Learning Design Toolkit -- all of the learning materials released as free and open educational resources
Leverage the expertise of University of Leicester's Institute of Learning Innovation for your course.