News and events
- The latest edition of the School Bulletin (issue 38) is available.
- The AHRC Research Network ‘Big Data on the Roman Table’ is holding its second workshop, 6th-7th July 2016
- School of Archaeology and Ancient History awarded a 95% Overall Satisfaction rate by final year students in the 2015 National Student Survey.
- Members of our department showcase interdisciplinary research with 3D printed replica of King Richard III at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2015
- Dr Neil Christie and Debbie Miles-Williams win awards at the University of Leicester Student Awards 2015.
- Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education - for the work of ULAS and the School in public archaeology and public engagement.
- Work on Richard III wins European Excellence Award 2013; Times Higher Education Research Project of the Year; Current Archaeology research project of the year; gold in CASE Circle of Excellence Awards 2013.
- Corpses of Criminals Project Prof. Sarah Tarlow’s Wellcome Trust funded project
- Trans-Sahara project Prof. David Mattingly’s European Research Council funded project
- School’s Research Seminars
News and Events
Project to empower victims and support prosecutions in cases of sexual violence in conflict zones
President and Vice-Chancellor unveils strategic plan and signals new direction for our University
Opinion pieces written by Leicester academics receive a significant number of readers on global platform, providing expert opinion in response to topical news
Conference to examine topics such as revenge porn, terrorism, bullying and portrayals of revenge in film on Friday 4 September
DNA tests to identify victim still on-going
University scientists interviewed for new documentary series
University report reveals a significant number of victims remain silent and struggle to inform police
National league table of universities ranks Leicester at 32nd
Academic articles receive a significant number of readers on global platform, providing expert opinion in response to topical news
Winner will represent Leicester at national semi-final of 3 Minute Thesis
Criminologist to join hate crime victim’s mother and Police Crime Commissioner in panel discussion on 21 May
The latest opinion pieces from Leicester experts cover the University's support for the UN HeForShe programme, the state of Greece's economy, how our political behaviour can be irrational, the legal process for people 'unfit to plead' and the importance of Mental Health Awareness Month
Leicester academics publish 100 articles on global platform, providing expert opinion pieces in response to topical news
New online feature shows University of Leicester in the media limelight
Learning on Screen Awards praise ‘powerful production’ of ‘The Harms of Hate’
University and FutureLearn to offer new free MOOC on changing nature of criminal justice system
Outstanding presentations from international students celebrated at Research Festival
Shami Chakrabarti CBE to speak as part of Scarman Lecture series on Wednesday 11 February
Grant Capture Success from the Equality and Human Rights Commission for the Leicester Centre for Hate Studies
Launch of INTREPID Forensics at annual Forensic Sciences Conference