News and events
- The latest edition of the School Bulletin (issue 38) is available.
- The AHRC Research Network ‘Big Data on the Roman Table’ is holding its second workshop, 6th-7th July 2016
- School of Archaeology and Ancient History awarded a 95% Overall Satisfaction rate by final year students in the 2015 National Student Survey.
- Members of our department showcase interdisciplinary research with 3D printed replica of King Richard III at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2015
- Dr Neil Christie and Debbie Miles-Williams win awards at the University of Leicester Student Awards 2015.
- Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education - for the work of ULAS and the School in public archaeology and public engagement.
- Work on Richard III wins European Excellence Award 2013; Times Higher Education Research Project of the Year; Current Archaeology research project of the year; gold in CASE Circle of Excellence Awards 2013.
- Corpses of Criminals Project Prof. Sarah Tarlow’s Wellcome Trust funded project
- Trans-Sahara project Prof. David Mattingly’s European Research Council funded project
- School’s Research Seminars
News and Events
We look back on the anniversary of the reinterment of the last Plantagenet king
Archaeologists create 3D interactive digital reconstruction of King Richard III’s grave found under a car park
On first year anniversary of the week in which King Richard III was reinterred, Leicester archaeologists use sophisticated photogrammetry software to create fully rotatable computer model which shows the king’s remains in-situ
Researchers from a wide variety of academic disciplines have joined the University's Experts Guide, providing informed opinion in response to topical news
Richard III: Discovered runs from Saturday 19 March until Wednesday 23 March at the Highcross
Students at London's Eltham College depict the University of Leicester's Greyfriar's dig on one year anniversary of reinterment
Almost 300 articles published on the University's Think: Leicester platform
Listen to the five minute news summary from the University of Leicester News Centre to stay updated
University of Leicester and FutureLearn launch course in the anniversary month of King’s reinterment
Attenborough Arts Centre and King Richard III Partnership to compete for national tourism awards in Blackpool on 8 March 2016
Exceeding expectations: Leicester shortlisted for more awards for Richard III discovery, research and reinterment
Extraordinary discovery yields more successes
Researchers lead Anthropocene study into lasting effects of plastic on land and oceans
Researchers involved in study into new geological epoch - the Anthropocene
Team also found structural evidence of an Iron Age roundhouse
Stone tools reveal delay in move to domesticated grains
News highlights from throughout 2015
Christmas conference held at University of Leicester on 14 and 15 December hosted Loyd Grossman, chair of the Churches Conservation Trust
Burrough Hill Project up for Current Archaeology Awards
Team reveals insights into Roman and medieval domestic life beneath former city centre bus depot
Tour to cover Leicester's Greyfriars Conservation Area