News and events
- The latest edition of the School Bulletin (issue 38) is available.
- The AHRC Research Network ‘Big Data on the Roman Table’ is holding its second workshop, 6th-7th July 2016
- School of Archaeology and Ancient History awarded a 95% Overall Satisfaction rate by final year students in the 2015 National Student Survey.
- Members of our department showcase interdisciplinary research with 3D printed replica of King Richard III at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2015
- Dr Neil Christie and Debbie Miles-Williams win awards at the University of Leicester Student Awards 2015.
- Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education - for the work of ULAS and the School in public archaeology and public engagement.
- Work on Richard III wins European Excellence Award 2013; Times Higher Education Research Project of the Year; Current Archaeology research project of the year; gold in CASE Circle of Excellence Awards 2013.
- Corpses of Criminals Project Prof. Sarah Tarlow’s Wellcome Trust funded project
- Trans-Sahara project Prof. David Mattingly’s European Research Council funded project
- School’s Research Seminars
News and Events
Burrough Hill Project up for Current Archaeology Awards
Team reveals insights into Roman and medieval domestic life beneath former city centre bus depot
Tour to cover Leicester's Greyfriars Conservation Area
National and international events to bring in more than £1 million revenue to city
Projects involving our University score gold awards
After failing his A-levels Richard Evans, who was diagnosed with dyslexia during his degree, achieved highest ever dissertation mark recorded in his department
Richard III's ghost ranked among the spookiest sightings in the region
Events taking place throughout November on bioarchaeology and media
Annual Dorothy Buchan Lecture 'Women's Bodies in Ancient Medicine' taking place on 10 November
New excavation in Bradgate Park, Leicestershire, to save flint artefacts from impact of erosion
Ancient artefacts discovered at Dreamer's Bay in Akrotiri peninsula in Cyprus
Researchers from a wide variety of academic disciplines have joined the University's Experts Guide, providing informed opinion in response to topical news
Video outlines project investigating historic Roman/Byzantine site on Cyprus shoreline suffering from wave erosion
Leicester researchers to feature in panel event today at Tempest Anderson Hall, Yorkshire Museum
Archaeologists and Big Data experts at conference from 26-27 September
President and Vice-Chancellor unveils strategic plan and signals new direction for our University
Locations around Leicester ranked twelfth in best places to see in the world in the 21st century
Researchers at the Universities of Leicester and Oxford join forces to present The Impact of Diasporas at the Royal Geographical Society, London
Opinion pieces written by Leicester academics receive a significant number of readers on global platform, providing expert opinion in response to topical news