News and events
- The Association for Environmental Archaeology spring meeting will take place at the University of Leicester, 29th April 2017
- The latest edition of the School Bulletin (issue 38) is available.
- The AHRC Research Network ‘Big Data on the Roman Table’ is holding its second workshop, 6th-7th July 2016
- School of Archaeology and Ancient History awarded a 95% Overall Satisfaction rate by final year students in the 2015 National Student Survey.
- Members of our department showcase interdisciplinary research with 3D printed replica of King Richard III at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2015
- Dr Neil Christie and Debbie Miles-Williams win awards at the University of Leicester Student Awards 2015.
- Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education - for the work of ULAS and the School in public archaeology and public engagement.
- Work on Richard III wins European Excellence Award 2013; Times Higher Education Research Project of the Year; Current Archaeology research project of the year; gold in CASE Circle of Excellence Awards 2013.
- Corpses of Criminals Project Prof. Sarah Tarlow’s Wellcome Trust funded project
- Trans-Sahara project Prof. David Mattingly’s European Research Council funded project
- School’s Research Seminars
News and Events
University of Leicester and Birmingham City University experts discuss audience expectations of media regulators
Expert opinions cover changing culture, tackling inequality, the Casey Review and saffron, the world's most expensive spice
Think: Leicester talking points: a range of topical issues tackled by academics between 8 - 14 December
Professor Helen Wood and Dr Jilly Boyce Kay contribute expertise to BBC archive about early days of television
New Insights series aims to help sport providers make sport more inclusive
Think: Leicester talking points: a range of topical issues tackled by academics between 29 September - 5 October
Researchers across the University creating engaging content in response to topical news
Leicester leads three year ESRC-funded research project into collective action and the support of vulnerable groups
Think: Leicester talking points: a range of topical issues tackled by academics between 11 - 17 August
John Williams from the Department of Sociology discusses how the Olympics still has a way to go before all athletes are treated equally
Twelve prize-winners were felicitated at event held on 7 July
Think: Leicester talking points: a range of topical issues tackled by academics between 7 July - 13 July
Expert opinions cover Brexit, Michael Gove, Victorian dismemberment, football and US nuclear command
Think: Leicester talking points: a range of topical issues tackled by academics between 30 June - 6 July
Think: Leicester talking points: a range of topical issues tackled by academics between 16 - 22
Academics and Leicester sports coaches team up in ERASMUS research project on ethics code for grassroots sport across Europe
Experts involved in development of ethics app for grassroots sports clubs
Expert opinions cover Irish aspects in Brexit, Muhammad Ali's legacy, media portrayal of WAGS and conspiracy theories
Think: Leicester talking points: a range of topical issues tackled by academics between 3 - 8 June
John Williams from the Department of Sociology discusses the legacy left behind by the boxing heavyweight
Sociologist John Williams says Premier League glory may help diverse communities to better connect in Britain’s most multicultural city
The latest news from the University of Leicester News Centre in under five minutes.
Expert opinions cover Premier League success, management tactics and cultures uniting across the city
Think: Leicester talking points: a range of topical issues tackled by academics between 28 April - 4 May
Researchers delve into the significance of LCFC's victory, why they have been performing so well this season and how our University has been 'Backing the Blues' throughout