News and events
- The latest edition of the School Bulletin (issue 38) is available.
- The AHRC Research Network ‘Big Data on the Roman Table’ is holding its second workshop, 6th-7th July 2016
- School of Archaeology and Ancient History awarded a 95% Overall Satisfaction rate by final year students in the 2015 National Student Survey.
- Members of our department showcase interdisciplinary research with 3D printed replica of King Richard III at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2015
- Dr Neil Christie and Debbie Miles-Williams win awards at the University of Leicester Student Awards 2015.
- Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education - for the work of ULAS and the School in public archaeology and public engagement.
- Work on Richard III wins European Excellence Award 2013; Times Higher Education Research Project of the Year; Current Archaeology research project of the year; gold in CASE Circle of Excellence Awards 2013.
- Corpses of Criminals Project Prof. Sarah Tarlow’s Wellcome Trust funded project
- Trans-Sahara project Prof. David Mattingly’s European Research Council funded project
- School’s Research Seminars
News and Events
New company, EarthSense Systems, to spearhead innovations in air quality monitoring
College Court win at Niche Business Awards follows East Midlands Chamber of Commerce Award last week
Boost to improve the UK’s capability in Earth observation to tackle environmental challenges globally
Our University is to receive funding to develop new technologies
Partnership aims to improve patient outcomes and community health
Twelve prize-winners were felicitated at event held on 7 July
President and Vice-Chancellor Professor Paul Boyle highlights concerns about lower professional employment rates among disadvantaged students
University recognises and celebrates the dedication, passion and innovation that local business leaders bring to their roles
MIRA Technology Park among business facilities available in Leicester listed
MRC Proximity to Discovery fund awards £150K to increase opportunities for collaborative interaction between academia and industry
“Plastic antibody” developer secures customers after only one year of operation - and receives follow-on investment
Drug development company Ergomed plc acquires University of Leicester spin-out company
City’s remarkable rise in fame offers a model to others
ASDEC Wins R&D Funding from Innovate UK for Hybrid Automotive Lightweight Optimisation (HALO) Project
Six leading Midlands universities launch flagship initiative to support research, innovation and growth in the region
University of Leicester is founding member of new initiative called Midlands Innovation
Foreign and Commonwealth Office Prosperity Fund awarded to the Department of Geology
EU students generated £143m for the regional economy and 1,341 jobs in the East Midlands
New framework contracts established with UK and EU government departments
In space of just a year, Leicester’s reputation has been transformed
Publication highlights our University with three news stories
Leicester identified as third best city in the UK to start a business