News and events
- The Association for Environmental Archaeology spring meeting will take place at the University of Leicester, 29th April 2017
- The latest edition of the School Bulletin (issue 38) is available.
- The AHRC Research Network ‘Big Data on the Roman Table’ is holding its second workshop, 6th-7th July 2016
- School of Archaeology and Ancient History awarded a 95% Overall Satisfaction rate by final year students in the 2015 National Student Survey.
- Members of our department showcase interdisciplinary research with 3D printed replica of King Richard III at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2015
- Dr Neil Christie and Debbie Miles-Williams win awards at the University of Leicester Student Awards 2015.
- Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education - for the work of ULAS and the School in public archaeology and public engagement.
- Work on Richard III wins European Excellence Award 2013; Times Higher Education Research Project of the Year; Current Archaeology research project of the year; gold in CASE Circle of Excellence Awards 2013.
- Corpses of Criminals Project Prof. Sarah Tarlow’s Wellcome Trust funded project
- Trans-Sahara project Prof. David Mattingly’s European Research Council funded project
- School’s Research Seminars
News and Events
Dr Katherine Gibson, lecturer at the University of Western Sydney to give anniversary lecture.
Tickets now available for latest debate ‘The Great War: Lest we forget?’ on Wednesday 19 February
East Midlands Oral History Archive at University of Leicester celebrates thirty years of preserving voices of the past
Public reading from acclaimed poet John Siddique on Tuesday 30 April follows writing master class for staff and students by Booker Prize-winner Ben Okri
Guest lecture to be held by the Centre for Interdisciplinary Science on how extremely stable gold nanoparticles can be used in medicine.
Rabbi, writer and broadcaster, Jonathan Romain MBE, will give the Sternberg Annual Public Lecture on Wednesday 20th February.
Laura Esquivel to give Second Annual Creative Writing Lecture on October 24.
Experts on hand to advise on preventing or delaying the onset of cancer
Visiting Professor and former NASA astronaut will talk about human space flight past and future at a public lecture on Tuesday 13 December
Dr Colin Adams discusses the bias in Tacitus' view of Egypt and its people
Long-standing physics professor will talk about 'Fifty Years of Space Research in Leicester', in an event to be held at the University.
With the Olympics approaching, here’s a wonderful opportunity to find out more about England's role in the revival of the Games.