News and events
The Archaeology of Caesar in Britain and Gaul Conference: The Hoarding in Iron Age and Roman Britain project has organised a weekend conference which will be held in Oxford 31 March - 2 April 2017. Leading experts from across Europe and America will present the latest research on the archaeology of Caesar’s Battle for Gaul.
- The Association for Environmental Archaeology spring meeting will take place at the University of Leicester, 29th April 2017
- The latest edition of the School Bulletin (issue 38) is available.
- Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education - for the work of ULAS and the School in public archaeology and public engagement.
- Corpses of Criminals Project Prof. Sarah Tarlow’s Wellcome Trust funded project
- Trans-Sahara project Prof. David Mattingly’s European Research Council funded project
- School’s Research Seminars
News and Events
Dr Katherine Gibson, lecturer at the University of Western Sydney to give anniversary lecture.
Tickets now available for latest debate ‘The Great War: Lest we forget?’ on Wednesday 19 February
East Midlands Oral History Archive at University of Leicester celebrates thirty years of preserving voices of the past
Public reading from acclaimed poet John Siddique on Tuesday 30 April follows writing master class for staff and students by Booker Prize-winner Ben Okri
Guest lecture to be held by the Centre for Interdisciplinary Science on how extremely stable gold nanoparticles can be used in medicine.
Rabbi, writer and broadcaster, Jonathan Romain MBE, will give the Sternberg Annual Public Lecture on Wednesday 20th February.
Laura Esquivel to give Second Annual Creative Writing Lecture on October 24.
Experts on hand to advise on preventing or delaying the onset of cancer
Visiting Professor and former NASA astronaut will talk about human space flight past and future at a public lecture on Tuesday 13 December
Dr Colin Adams discusses the bias in Tacitus' view of Egypt and its people
Long-standing physics professor will talk about 'Fifty Years of Space Research in Leicester', in an event to be held at the University.
With the Olympics approaching, here’s a wonderful opportunity to find out more about England's role in the revival of the Games.