News and events
- The latest edition of the School Bulletin (issue 38) is available.
- The AHRC Research Network ‘Big Data on the Roman Table’ is holding its second workshop, 6th-7th July 2016
- School of Archaeology and Ancient History awarded a 95% Overall Satisfaction rate by final year students in the 2015 National Student Survey.
- Members of our department showcase interdisciplinary research with 3D printed replica of King Richard III at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2015
- Dr Neil Christie and Debbie Miles-Williams win awards at the University of Leicester Student Awards 2015.
- Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education - for the work of ULAS and the School in public archaeology and public engagement.
- Work on Richard III wins European Excellence Award 2013; Times Higher Education Research Project of the Year; Current Archaeology research project of the year; gold in CASE Circle of Excellence Awards 2013.
- Corpses of Criminals Project Prof. Sarah Tarlow’s Wellcome Trust funded project
- Trans-Sahara project Prof. David Mattingly’s European Research Council funded project
- School’s Research Seminars
News and Events
Leicester Conferences praised for ‘very good standard’ and ‘excellent condition’ of residential services
Opening ceremony for our state-of-the-art £17.5 million Conference Centre
His endorsement followed latest visit to Beaumont Hall for the Annual Terry's Old Geezers or Gals Convention
Annual Terry's Old Geezers or Gals convention to be held at University of Leicester for ninth time
A boulder dropped in College Hall’s pond by students in the 1960s will be preserved in the new College Court redevelopment
University of Leicester’s new state of the art conference venue will open in October
Mural at University of Leicester’s College Hall brings together local community
Exploring the rich archaeological heritage of an area often overlooked in favour of its neighbour.
Essential event for councillors, community groups, civic societies and anyone else whose work is affected by the Localism Act.
An event discussing nuclear security next week is a collaboration between the Universities of Leicester and Birmingham.
Discuss the history, current usage and future of Leicester’s places of worship.
Anglo-Spanish collaboration addresses pressing economic problems.
Institute of Safety Technology and Research hold AGM and Symposium
We are not making this up, we are not joking. This really is what it seems.
Contemporary writing by female authors is the subject of a postgraduate conference tomorrow.
Successful conferences on opposite sides of the globe.
New Directions in Media Research discussed on 13 June.
Department of Geology plays host to two meetings this week.
Looking forward to five more decades in space, and beyond.
Forensic radiology expert invited to speak at international conference.