News and events
- The Association for Environmental Archaeology spring meeting will take place at the University of Leicester, 29th April 2017
- The latest edition of the School Bulletin (issue 38) is available.
- The AHRC Research Network ‘Big Data on the Roman Table’ is holding its second workshop, 6th-7th July 2016
- School of Archaeology and Ancient History awarded a 95% Overall Satisfaction rate by final year students in the 2015 National Student Survey.
- Members of our department showcase interdisciplinary research with 3D printed replica of King Richard III at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2015
- Dr Neil Christie and Debbie Miles-Williams win awards at the University of Leicester Student Awards 2015.
- Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education - for the work of ULAS and the School in public archaeology and public engagement.
- Work on Richard III wins European Excellence Award 2013; Times Higher Education Research Project of the Year; Current Archaeology research project of the year; gold in CASE Circle of Excellence Awards 2013.
- Corpses of Criminals Project Prof. Sarah Tarlow’s Wellcome Trust funded project
- Trans-Sahara project Prof. David Mattingly’s European Research Council funded project
- School’s Research Seminars
News and Events
University creates guide to historic Grey Friars
University associated with recipients of prestigious prizes
We look back at a selection of the key events from the past 12 months here at Leicester
World-leading research into the Anthropocene recognised for catching the global public imagination this year
The team, headed by Dr Turi King, who carried out the DNA analysis in the King Richard III case is shortlisted for Current Archaeology award
Higher Education Academy recognises excellence of our academics
University of Leicester Archaeological Services project could have unearthed earliest examples of African people living in Leicester
Graduate authors this year’s edition of Leicestershire Historian
Free public lecture to explore depictions of ancient Greek women in combat on Tuesday 15 November
Think: Leicester talking points: a range of topical issues tackled by academics between 20 October - 2 November
Dr Turi King will talk about the resolution of 500-year-old mystery on Tuesday 1 November
Professor Sarah Tarlow from the School of Archaeology and Ancient History discusses the enduring popularity of the gibbet in Halloween paraphernalia
Second Philip Leverhulme Prize in two years for work in Ancient History and Archaeology
Arrival of king's remains has seen visitor numbers increase more than 400% according to survey
Undergraduate dissertation into Roman views of the ‘wild’ praised
An archaeological project led by the universities of Leicester and Newcastle is delving into ancient history on the Isle of Man
Researchers across the University creating engaging content in response to topical news
Professor Roger Bland, Visiting Professor at the School of Archaeology and Ancient History, receives medal for humanities and social sciences work
Dr Turi King awarded British Science Association Fellowship for inspiring people through science
Think: Leicester talking points: a range of topical issues tackled by academics between 1 - 7 September