ISFRI/IAFR Joint Congress 2015
Stamford Court, University of Leicester
14-16 May 2015
'Who and How': The Role of Radiology in Human Identification and Trauma Investigation
- Fourth Congress of the International Society of Forensic Radiology and Imaging (ISFRI)
- Tenth Anniversary Meeting of the International Association of Forensic Radiographers (IAFR)
- The Call for Submissions has now closed.
The International Society of Forensic Radiology and Imaging was formed in 2012 with the aim of strengthening and developing the field of forensic radiology and imaging worldwide. This includes promoting best practice and developing international quality standards and guidelines in this field of imaging. Specific objectives of the Society are to:
- Strengthen and develop the field of forensic radiology and imaging.
- Promote best practice in forensic radiology and imaging through communication and co-operation.
- Promote education and specialisation in the field of forensic radiology and imaging.
- Encourage and develop research programs in forensic radiology and imaging.
- Establish quality standards and guidelines for forensic radiology and imaging.
- Establish processes for the regulation and certification of forensic radiology and associated imaging sciences.
- Provide a journal for the members of the society.
The ISFRI has an annual conference which is hosted by the outgoing Chair of the Society. In 2014 Professor Guy Rutty of the East Midlands Forensic Pathology Unit will become the Chair of the Society. Thus in May 2015 the University of Leicester will host the fourth ISFRI international conference. This coincides with the tenth Anniversary of the International Association of Forensic Radiographers (IAFR), of which Professor Rutty was a founding Associate Member.
As the IAFR are associate members of the ISFRI the two organisations will come together for a joint meeting in Leicester. The meeting will look to forge working relationships between all those engaged in post-mortem imaging of all types through invited talks, member presentations, seminars and workshops.