The College of Social Science produces world-class research across a range of disciplines, including from interdisciplinary perspectives.
Its dynamic environment emphasises a collegial atmosphere among academic staff and research students which has allowed for the formation of innovative research groups and high-impact research projects.
International networks facilitate collaborative work focused on theoretical and real-world solutions.
The College’s areas of disciplinary and interdisciplinary research include:
- Globalisation, Global and Business Ethics and UK/EU Politics
- Mass Media, New Media and Audiences
- E-Government, Digital Economy and Computer-Mediated Communication
- Cultures, Subcultures, Identities and Texts
- Educational Leadership and Management and Creative Pedagogies
- Technologies, Surveillance, Security and Risk
- Crime, Communities, Policing and Criminal Justice
- Critical Management Studies, Business History and Finance
- Skills, Education and Training
- International Macroeconomics and Central Banking and Microeconomic Theory and Applications
Research Director – Professor Chris Wallace