Our research interests are at the interface of synthetic organic and biological chemistry with current emphasis on the design and synthesis of peptides and also small molecule mimics of protein secondary and tertiary structure. These molecules are then used as molecular probes to study protein-protein interactions involved in human diseases.
Current projects include:
- Design and synthesis of peptide beta-strand mimetics for disrupting the VEGF-Fltl protein-protein interaction.
- Design and synthesis of a DNA quadruplex templated beta-barrel motif.
Techniques and expertise:
- Small molecule organic synthesis
- Solid-phase peptide and oligonucleotide synthesis
- LCMS analysis and HPLC purification
- Asymmetric pericyclic reactions