The Centre for Core Biotechnology Services (CBS)
The College has a Centre for Core Biotechnology Service (CBS) which brings together the management of existing goods and services to give researchers the tools they need to undertake world-class research. The Centre is led by Professor Andrew Fry and managed by Mrs Ila Patel.
The aim of the Core Biotechnology Services is to provide internationally competitive core facilities open to all researchers within the College. In doing so we aim to facilitate the delivery of the College’s research strategy in line with themes and departments.
Specifically the CBS will serve the following aims:
- To provide core technical services dedicated to supporting research across the College.
- To provide for a framework to grow and adapt the core services to meet changing research needs and maintain the services at the forefront of biomedical research.
- To work in partnership with themes and departments to provide support for new and emerging projects.
- To provide a financial framework to maximise cost recovery of the core facilities.
- To provide training & teaching support for both College staff and undergraduate & postgraduate students as required.
- To work on external contracts ensuring all other objectives are fully supported first.
- To provide clear line management for employment and career progression of all staff employed in the core services.
Our services include:
CBS is pleased to announce the arrival of a Vevo 2100 Ultrasound Machine, which provides high resolution imaging for real-time pre-clinical research.
Professor A Fry, Head of Core Biotechnology Services
Tel: 0116 229 7069, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs I Patel, Head of Technical Services
Tel: 0116 252 5277, Email IP14@le.ac.uk