The Stanley Burton Centre for Holocaust and Genocide Studies
The Burton Centre is a non-profit teaching and research centre within the School of History at the University of Leicester and it is the oldest Holocaust research centre in the UK.
The activities sponsored by the Centre include:
- a programme of research into subjects related to the Holocaust and other Genocides
- an active out-reach programme
- a range of public talks and lectures
- the Aubrey Newman Lecture
- an annual international conference
- a Holocaust Resource Centre open to students and the wider public.
The Stanley Burton Centre for Holocaust Studies was founded in 1990, and refounded under its present name in 1993 under the auspices of the Burton Trusts. The name was extended to 'Genocide Studies' in 2011.