Telephone Fundraising Ambassadors for the Annual Fund Telephone Campaign
What is the Annual Fund Telephone Campaign?
The Annual Fund raises over £100,000 annually in support of the University and it's students. This year's campaign to graduates is focussed on raising money for the £42 million new Medical Building which will house state-of-the-art facilities for the Departments of Health Sciences and Psychology and new doctors being trained in Leicester.
Over 7,000 graduates are sent a letter each year from the Vice-Chancellor informing them of developments at the University and telling them about the University’s fundraising project; they are also told that they will have the opportunity to be phoned by one of our current students, from which they can opt out of receiving a phone call - so this is not cold calling.
- Interested in raising funds for the University
- An excellent communicator with excellent spoken and written English
- Confident with an outgoing personality
- A good listener
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the University
- Reliable, hardworking and dedicated
- Interested in a job that will enhance your CV
- Looking to earn £7.19 per hour
- Able to work independently using inititative in a variety of situations
Looking for a job to fit around your course
- Free to work in Team A on Monday, Wednesday 18:00-21:00 and Saturday 14:00-19:00 or Team B on Tuesday & Thursday 18:00-21:00 and Sunday 14:00-19:00, for five consecutive weeks between Monday 4 November and Sunday 8 December?
If you answered yes to these questions, you might be suitable for our team of Telephone Fundraising Ambassadors.
What are Telephone Fundraising Ambassadors required to do?
Telephone Fundraising Ambassadors are required to proactively call graduates for a number of reasons, including: updating their details; finding out what they have gone on to do since graduating; informing them of the latest University news and Alumni events; asking for a donation to Annual Fund.
This is a great opportunity for you to:
- enhance your CV
- work flexible hours
- work on campus
- earn extra cash
- have fun!