The University has a number of current appeals. Please select an appeal below for further information.
- The Sir Robert and Lady Hilary Burgess Research and Teaching Fund - The first priority of the Fund is to support the transformation of medical teaching, research and ultimately patient care with the construction of a new £42m Centre for Medicine, to be completed by autumn 2015, which will bring together cutting-edge medical research with medical education for the first time under one roof.
- The Breaking Barriers Appeal - The £1.5 million New Galleries Wing will be an extension to the University’s inclusive, multiuse arts venue, The Richard Attenborough centre on Lancaster Road. It will provide a number of interlinked spaces, all open to the general public, to showcase the best in contemporary visual art and sculpture.
- Cardiovascular Research Centre Appeal - In May 2010 the University launched its biggest ever fundraising appeal for a new Cardiovascular Research Centre (CRC) at Glenfield Hospital. The appeal raised over £5 million and the CRC is now complete and operational.
- Student Opportunities Fund - The Fund offers vital support in a variety of ways including Alumni Research Scholarships, Hardship Awards, other awards, prizes and Music Scholarships, helping to promote a culture of excellence, raising ambitions and academic standards
- Gifts in Wills - Gifts in Wills, both large and small, are essential to the University and its future. They help us to undertake world-changing research and to deliver high-quality teaching and a memorable student experience.
- Richard III - the next generation - The school of Archaeology and Ancient History at Leicester comprises a thriving, world class team of scholars engaged in cutting-edge research, delivering teaching to the very highest standards, with top student satisfaction. We hope you have been excited to follow the story of our search for King Richard III and want to support our continuing work here at Leicester.
- Student Scholarships - The Support provided by our donors allows us to offer increasing numbers of scholarships so that the brightest and best students can join us, regardless of their background, and so we can develop the next generation of leaders.